I suggest you ...

Report A Problem

Are you currently having a problem with your classes, course or account? Please report it here and we'll address it ASAP. Also, you can send an email to teachers@englishcentral.com and customer service will help. Please include your registered EnglishCentral email address and school/class name.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EnglishCentralAdminEnglishCentral (Admin, EnglishCentral) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EnglishCentralAdminEnglishCentral (Admin, EnglishCentral) commented  · 

Hi Kim,

Thanks for letting us know. Just a few quick responses.

1. Contact help through teachers@englishcentral.com for customer service help (apologies if you already did and didn't get the reply). Please send your account details and the problems you are having with recordings and seeing student achievement. This should be fixed and we'll get this done right if you can explain further.

2. You can delete the course off of your class page and control all the content that appears there. Go to your Teach tab, click Curriculum and then delete the course from your page.

3. Report / Class page calendar. This was taken off over 6 months ago for technical reasons. Students can roll over their progress bar and get current data on their progress. Class total, Class this week and all time on EnglishCentral. Plus completion total for the week/month.

4. Thanks again and please send me david@englishcentral.com an email if you'd like to skype and I can help you directly by sharing your class on your screen. Just suggest a time, mornings or evenings.

Thanks,

David

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

My students are having several problems with EnglishCentral lately, particularly since you launched your courses.
        - Students can no longer see my selection of videos for their class when they log on, all they see is your course selection.
        - One of my students has just told me that he doesn't seem to be enrolled in my class any more.
        - I can no longer access the videos that my students have recorded.
        As they receive weekly grades based on their goals and achievements, this is causing them (and me) quite a lot of stress.
        Another problem which I reported several weeks ago by email but have received no feedback on, is the fact that students can no longer select periods (like teachers can) to see where they are on their weekly goals. This was very helpful to them, and I would really like to see this possibility reestablished.
        Do you think you'll be able to fix these bugs?
        Thanks, Kim

Mike,

I'll make an enquiry about this.I tried replicating and can't with Chrome or IE browsers (sometimes this sort of thing is browser related). One trick is that sometimes it might be database related and have the students refresh the page/quiz. Also, don't hesitate to use teachers @ englishcentral.com and email this bug if it continues. Or if premium, even better to use premium@englishcentral.com

• MikeMike commented  · 

My students have recently reported problems with the vocabulary area when doing test. The test will freeze causing them stress and wasted time. Have there been any recent changes that makes this happen in the last week? I too have seen this today.

Mike, I've reported the issue to CS (customer service) and they'll reply here. We do recommend a headset but haven't had specific issues with a boom microphone. Let's see what they say...

• MikeMike commented  · 

I and my students are having trobles setting up the microphones. Specifically, boom microphones. The sounds are jumbled when using a boom microphone. Has this been an issue with others?

• Brenda de Jong-PauleyBrenda de Jong-Pauley commented  · 

One of my students (Leander) notices that some, but not all of his work is being noted. Please help.

I have 2 questions below with no answers. Can I please get responses? Thank you. Brenda

Do the announcement box messages just age out as they are replaced by new ones?

I have a problem w/ the famous speeches class. Even when I click on ALL for the level, I see only a few of the videos. In fact, I often see fewer in level "ALL" than in level 5, for example.

Brenda, about the triplicate message.

We have a fix coming for this soon. (Jan. 1st). Sorry about the inconvenience - you can have up to 5 messages in your announcement box so maybe in the meantime, add some more brief messages?

Brenda,

Is your student actually using both accounts? They should know what class they are in and just use one account for their class study.

Your student just needs to decide which account to use. Or you can do this yourself by deleting one from your class.

If you have concerns about tracking what he's done on the previous registration (but I'm wondering why he had two accounts and was using both?) you can contact the above email address and please mention the student's name and registered email address.

One of my students is registered twice and has a premium seat in both registrations and has worked in both accounts. Both are in the same class and under the same email address. He is paying for one seat and the other seat belongs to me. Can we consolidate the 2 registrations?

I wrote a class message and it was posted in triplicate! How do I delete the repetitions?

Feedback and Knowledge Base