I suggest you ...

The New Player - what do you think?

The new player has been launched. Read about it here. Your comments and feedback much needed/appreciated. Fire away!
http://www.englishcentral.com/blog/2012/01/18/our-new-modal-player/

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ddeubelddeubel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EnglishCentralAdminEnglishCentral (Admin, EnglishCentral) commented  · 

Hi Mike,

Appreciate your comments and your clear feedback. We are already working on a few things that will deal with the problems you outline. - specifically the student in a class discount and the seat purchase expiry length.

I'm relaying your feedback to your team for discussion on how we will address your concerns.

Further, would you be available to skype some time later this week or next? It would be great if we could speak about how you use EnglishCentral, your experiences etc ... It would help us immensely. If interested, please suggest a time/date by replying to david@englishcentral.com

Thanks,

David

• MikeMike commented  · 

To Whom it may concern, the recent changes have brought along some improvements but I am having problems understanding the new pricing.
        First, as a teacher who purchases seats for my students, I believe there should be a deeper discount so that I can help you sale the courses. Currently my students and I have the same pricing.
        Secondly, 2 videos spoken each month is not enough. Thank you for bringing the vocabulary into the free area but speaking is much more important.
        Next and I have mentioned this before, when I purchase multiple seats to get a deeper discount, the clock starts ticking on the accounts even though I have not assigned them to anyone.
        finally, you site is still not available on iPads or other mobile devices and I use 6 iPads in my classrooms. My students borrow them and take them home. They need English Central on the iPad.
        Many of my students are becoming less active and frustrated with the constant changes and they will likely not continue unless I push them. You changes are discouraging many students I'm sure.
        Thank you very much,
        Mike Bottema
        User Nd Teacher for over 2 years.

• MikeMike commented  · 

I like the new improvements to the new player. Thanks for restoring the "auto-pause".

Hi Neeraj,

We are making significant changes based on your own and the feedback of others. Please be patient. Part of this will be exposing more lines of text for the student while watching. Could you please reply here or teachers@englishcentral.com with your browser and Operating system. We need that to replicate/test for the white bars problem. Thanks a million for your detailed feedback!

• Neeraj DhananiNeeraj Dhanani commented  · 

I have to say well done for all the improved functionality on the teachers pages. And great that the class can now compete against each other via the leader boards. But I'm very sorry but the new player system has been a real let down for me and my students. We had got used all the great functionality on the old player and it was good to see the next few lines displayed as a list with the progress bar running horizontally. Also I don't know why, but with the new player I have white bars which appear across the left side of the video and obscure it along with parts of the buttons. A big thumbs down for the new player. Bring back the old one please !

We are bringing back the auto pause option. Should be in place shortly.

There still is a "repeat" and a "slow" button at the bottom of the player. In record you have the "compare" button.

Thanks for the comments.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Please, do bring back the auto pause, my students have been telling me this was the best part of learning with English Central. Where are the comparisons of the student and the native speaker, where are all the buttons in the left pannel (in the video) where you could slow down, compare your speech, etc? I don´t like the new player at all. In my opinion constant changes are not gonna make your users happy and I have seen way too many changes since you launched. If it ain´t broke, don´t fix it. This makes me less enthusiastic about your service.

Thanks for hearing me out,
        Nina

• MikeMike commented  · 

It seems to auto advance to the next phrase. Is there an option that allows users to continue the phrase until they want to advance?

• ddeubelddeubel commented  · 

"Hello, I´m using EnglishCentral a lot, it helps me to improve my English, especially my pronunciation. It´s a pity that the page was changed, now is really hard to speak the video. Everytime when I record myself, after every sentence I want to check my mistakes and try to correct them. Now it´s impossible to do that, because video is continuing to next sentence. Why? Yes, it´s faster and I can go back... I try it for three times and I hate it. Please, can you give me some advice how to do it properly now or explain me why is this new page better? I really miss the old one. Thanks, Tereza Seifertová"

Feedback and Knowledge Base