I suggest you ...

What should be changed on the teacher tools?

We think that the layout and the way teachers use the teacher's tools could be changed. What do you think?

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EnglishCentralAdminEnglishCentral (Admin, EnglishCentral) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DeanDean commented  · 

Thanks for the reply, David.

Glad to hear it'll be possible to move students around soon. I've also noticed that when rename students, the reports page still doesn't always sort them alphabetically, though it works when I export the reports as a .csv file.

As for time stamps...yeah, the date of completion is the most important. If I assign a video for homework, I want to know if the student completed the assignment on time or not. I've taken to making the cutoff 11:59 pm the day before our next class, and I just want to be able to check that students have completed the assignment on time.

One other thing I noticed today...I was reviewing which videos my students have recorded, but noticed that it's impossible to get individual point totals for each video. I can see letter grades, but it would also be nice to see point totals for each video. Perhaps this is something that'll be available for the classes when the reports are fully functional.

Thanks again for the reply and feedback.

Cheers,

Dena

• EnglishCentralAdminEnglishCentral (Admin, EnglishCentral) commented  · 

Hi Dean, thanks for the feedback and you'll be happy to note that your first recommendation is already being brought onto the site - probably the next release Mar. 23. You'll be able to use the School list and move students from class to class.

About the date and time. I'll look into it. We do have a time stamp. However, to get a daily view you just have to use the calendar and set a range. But I understand you are looking for a quicker view of this. The problem really is when a student half does a video on one day and then completes it on another or multiple other days. I guess date of completion is most important right? But I'll put it on our roadmap for a think through.

thanks,
        David

• DeanDean commented  · 

I like the ability to rename students, as well as delete students from my classes. However, despite my best efforts, I still have students signing up for the wrong classes. The ability for me, as a teacher, so move students from 1 class to another, without having to get the student so log in through the new class link, would be very helpful.

Also, being able to see what videos the students have recorded is great, but it would be even better if we could see the date and time that these videos were completed. Since many of us are setting these videos as weekly assignments, it would be very helpful to see when students have completed their assignments. This would also alleviate 'disagreements' between myself and students, when they claim to have finished their assignment on time, but my reports show otherwise. ;-)

• Brenda de Jong-PauleyBrenda de Jong-Pauley commented  · 

What is the significance of different color progress bars on the Teach page?

• MikeMike commented  · 

Thanks, I think I got it right. I will send an info to the address to make sure.

• EnglishCentralAdminEnglishCentral (Admin, EnglishCentral) commented  · 

Mike,

For the moment, could you contact our customer service through teachers@englishcentral.com and include your registered email address and school name? They will be able to make the changes you wish. We will soon have a "delete school" functionality in place once we have a new administrative structure in place.

Thanks and sorry for the glitch with this.

• MikeMike commented  · 

I am having difficulty arranging my classes. I have one school that shows up as a class with a class within the school. I have been trying to clean it up lately to have one school with all of my classes under it. Is there anyway that I can do that?

Feedback and Knowledge Base